It just doesn't seem like Christmas. I don't know if its the not-so-cold weather or the fact that I am older now, but it just doesn't feel like Christmas. To think that tomorrow is Christmas day just seems crazy. I know that Christmas was magical when I was a kid because of all the toys and gifts. But shouldn't Christmas still be magical? I think so. It shouldn't matter how old we get, Christmas should be magical because something magical happened on that special night. Mary, a virgin woman, gave birth to the Savior of the world. Isn't that magical? I think sometimes we all need a little reminder that Christmas is all about Christ and nothing else. You hear everybody say that Christmas is a very special time of the year and I have come to realize that it's special no matter if it feels like it or not. But another thing that God has layed on my heart is... shouldn't Christmas be special everyday of the year? We should always remember the grace of God and how on that special night He sent His only son into the world, and He provided a way for us to be saved and delivered from this evil world. Are you feeling the magic now? I know I am.
I will admit to you that I've been a little bit of a Scrooge this Christmas because I am sick of listening to Christmas music. However, tonight I went to a candlelight service at my church and it was very beautiful. I surprisingly enjoyed singing the Christmas songs and that's because I was singing songs about Jesus and worshiping Him. It wasn't no silly song about a snowman. It was an awesome service and it was a blessing to spend Christmas Eve with my church family.
Well.. I should be going to bed early tonight, so that I won't be the Grinch on Christmas. I hate having to wake up early in the morning. I would rather open Christmas presents around noon, when I am fully awake and can show some emotions. Ever since I was a kid, Christmas morning was not and still is not my favorite part. I always look real rough. I have sleepy eyes, my hair is a mess, I'm grumpy because someone woke me up (and it's usually my sister because she is so anxious to open presents) and I hardly even say a word. I communicate with head nods and shoulder shrugs. Haha.. it's rather funny. However, I will try to be a little more cheerful tomorrow though and put on a smile or say a few words. But I might give someone a heart attack because I would be so out of character... haha.. but we will see.
To all my readers... I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!! And don't forget to take time to remember the real reason for Christmas! Happy Birthday Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment