Translate

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"So tell us, what are you grateful for?"

I was a little late for class today and when I walked in, my teacher kind of put me on the spot. Before I could really even sit down he said: "We are talking about what we are grateful for. So tell us, what are you grateful for?" I was out of breath, (because I had walked really fast trying not to be late for class), and everyone was waiting for me to respond. I began to think and when I was walking in, I remembered hearing someone say that they were thankful for their family and I didn't want to copy them, (even though I am thankful for my family). So, I said: "I am thankful to be alive this morning." And the teacher says: "Oh, it's one of those mornings." I was thinking to myself: "No, actually it's just another morning when I am thankful that God let me live another day." Of course I didn't want to argue with the teacher, so I just kept my mouth shut as the next person began to tell what they were thankful for.

Shouldn't we all be thankful for life? For being alive and breathing the air that is given to us by God? Because we are not in control of our lives. Even though we might think we are in control and we even try to take control all the time. God is ultimately in control of our lives and He is the One who gave us life in the beginning and continues to give us life each day. He knows how long we will live and the when, where, and how it will happen. Life is a gift from God and it should be something we are thankful for every morning. In John 6:23, Jesus said: "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life." When I read this verse, I realize that I am nothing and Jesus is everything.

About my teacher, yes I still like him. He probably just thought I was having a rough morning. So, I am not mad at him for putting me on the spot or saying: "Oh, it's one of those mornings." Because if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be writing this blog post. He's a good teacher and I have learned a lot from his class. :)

In conclusion, I hope you all have a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving. Remember to count your blessings and be thankful for all the things that God has given you, especially your life.

3 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for life and for family too, and that includes you sweetie. Love ya,

    Auntie M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too. Have a wonderful thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete