So, I decided to change the background. It reminds me of the doodling I do in class when I get bored or I am trying to stay awake. And I also changed the blog title back to one-of-a-kind... by a request from one of our readers. :) I think change is good, it makes life exciting.
Well, it has been a while since my last post. Life has been really busy lately and school seems to have taken over my life. Which is not something I like. I hate having to study for tests, prepare for presentations and do all the other things that teachers require you to do. It's very demanding at times because the consequences are failing and that's something I try not to do. However, I have come to realize that although school is important and I should strive to do my best... God is way more important than any test, presentation, or project. I have realized that I need to focus on Him and make sure that My Creator is top priority in my life. My Lord deserves all of my attention and He deserves my very best, not my second best. I found that in the past weeks, I was giving God my leftovers. I realize now that I was so wrapped up in school. When I finished all my school work, I would then go to God and give Him whatever energy I had left. Which was barely nothing. I have realized that I need to go to God first, seek Him and depend on Him for the strength to keep going on. Instead of going to Him when all my strength is gone and when I can't seem to stay awake to spend time in His word.
God has reminded me that He created me and He knows everything about me. From the number of hairs on my head, to the very thoughts that go on in my head (Luke 12:7; Psalm 94:11). He gave me life, what more could I ask for? Jesus deserves all of my devotion and love. For it is by Him that I am saved. Sometimes I think we all just go through the motions of getting up each day and doing our normal routine. I know I find myself doing this. I wake up, go to class, and then go to bed expecting to do the same thing the next day. Why is it that we, as humans, get so caught up in a routine and live the motions of a typical life? We need to wake up and look at the blessings we have and strive to live for God each day. We need to seek His face and look for opportunities to be a witness and serve others. We weren't created to live on this earth for our enjoyment or to please ourselves. It's all about Jesus Christ and we need to stop just having a head knowledge of this. We need to really act it out in the way we are living. It's something I know we all struggle with. So, lets stop listening to smutty face and tell him to get out of the way because we are going to live a radical life for our Savior!
I also changed the video. It is definitely a new favorite song of mine. Be sure to check it out. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment