Translate

Sunday, September 19, 2010

I'm Placing My Life In Your Hands, Jesus!

Dear Jesus,
Here's my life, I give it to You. I place it in Your hands. Here's my heart, Your dwelling inside. I place it in Your hands. For so long I have held on to all that I am. When all You want is for me to place it in Your hands, Lord. Here's my thoughts, I want to think of You and place them in Your hands. Here's my time, take it as You will. I place it in Your hands. For so long I have held on to all that I am. When all You want is for me to place it in Your hands. Here's my life, I give it to You. I place it in your hands, Jesus. Amen.

This is my prayer and longing of my heart right now. But really it's the lyrics of Christy Nockles song, In Your Hands. As I listened to this song yesterday, I realized how sometimes I try to hold on to certain parts of my life instead of giving it to God. I get this stupid idea that I can handle things on my own. When really I need to let God have control, by placing my life in His hands.

I went to the College Student Conference (CSC) this weekend and God revealed Himself to me in many ways. Through the message, through songs, and through the amazing people I got to interact with. The focus of the conference was the advancement of the gospel and how we need to look at everything in our lives and see that it's all about the advancement of the gospel. This really got my attention because I think too often we find ourselves wrapped up in our own desires and not God's. One of the statements that the speaker said was: "We need to stop raising our fists in the air and saying to God: 'This is not how it's suppose to be!' " I think we all can admit to being guilty of this. Even if it's a little situation where we are having a horrible day when we think it's suppose to be a good day. We often say to God: "Ok God, I thought this was suppose to be a good day. What happened? Where are You?" Let's stop blaming God and start praising Him, even during the hard times. He's right there. He hasn't left you.

I learned a lot of other things at the conference too, but right now I want to focus on giving God my life and everything I have. Because it is all about Him and the advancement of the gospel. It's not about me, my achievements, or what I want to do with my life. It's all about Him. He gave his life for us, was beaten, mocked, and suffered on a cross out of His great love for us. He came so that we could have life and have it abundantly (John 10:10). So, the very least that I can do is give my life back to Him and let Him use me for the furtherance of His kingdom. Check out Philippians 3:7-11 this week and let God speak to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment