Translate

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Blessed Week!

Have you ever stayed up all night studying for a test? I almost did last night.. but when it got 4:00a.m. my eyes refused to stay open any longer. So I decided to sleep for the three hours that I had, until my first class at 8:00. I woke up at 7:00 so that I could go and get breakfast, hoping that it would give me some energy for the day. However, when I was in my first class I was continuously yawning. Then it was off to my second class where I had the test, that I studied all night and half of the morning for. I feel like I did ok. I know I passed it. But like always, I was the last one to turn in the test and I never know if that's a bad thing or a good thing. It makes me feel awkward sometimes when I am the last one to turn in a test, but on the other hand I know that I am just taking my time and reading the questions carefully. However, I did feel like the teacher was staring at me and patiently waiting for me to finish though. Haha.. good thing I was on the last page and almost done.

Now I am through with classes, you are probably thinking that I should be sleeping right now, but I just planned to have a meeting with one of my teachers at 3:30 this afternoon. So I might as well stay awake until the meeting and then go to sleep. Although, then I have fitness walking at 5:30 and I got to eat dinner too. So, I just might skip dinner and walking tonight and go to sleep early but I haven't decided yet. I think I have a better plan instead. I might just skip my one and only class that I have on friday (tomorrow) and sleep until noon. :) That sounds really good, but it probably wouldn't be wise since I have a test this coming up monday in there. Life is just full of choices. If only one of those choices was to take a trip to a secluded island and spend a week of doing nothing but relaxing in a lawn chair with my feet in the water and the fresh breeze blowing through my hair. That would be so nice. ;)

Even though this week has been extremely busy, God has truly blessed me. He has given me strength to get through this busy week and granted me peace when I began to stress and get overwhelmed. God has been so good to me. I have seen Him working out things this week and making them easier for me, than what I thought they would be. For example, I was supposed to have a test in World Lit. this friday but it got moved to monday and I praise God for that. He knew that I wouldn't been able to handle that right now and would have really been drained and tired from studying back to back. Could you imagine what I would of looked like tomorrow when I stayed up all night again tonight studying for another test. Haha.. I probably would have looked like a zombie walking in class, with big puffy eyes. That's what is so great about our God. He never gives us anything that He is not going to see us through. He knows our hearts and He knows what and how much we can take on each week. I always liked the famous saying that says.. "If God brings you to it, He will see you through it."

I have been doing a lot of reading in the book of Genesis lately and looking at the creation story deeper. I have run into some fascinating things that I never thought about before and it's been very interesting. I never realized how descriptive the creation story is. For example, I love verse 2 of chapter 1 where it says: "..and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters." The imagery that is given here, is so powerful to me. I have also come across some things that have gotten my brain to think too. For example, why doesn't it say: "and God saw that is was good," on the second day but it says it on all the other days? And where did the wives of Cain and Abel come from? Were they daughters of Eve? And if so why does the bible mention the sons that Eve had but not the daughters? Could these women have come from another family? Where there more people on the earth than just Adam and Eve in the beginning or was it just them? The questions can go on and on. And I just find all of this very interesting. But I know that we are not going to know everything and God does not give us the answers to everything. For there will be things that puzzle our minds and things we will not understand until we get to heaven. However, it is cool to thing about it all because it makes you realize just how awesome our God is and how small we are compared to Him! He is so mighty and strong! His love is everlasting! (Psalm 106:1)

So, that is how my week has been and I must say it's been a fair week. There were some stressful times, some busy times, some exhausting times, but overall a blessed week. And it's all thanks to my precious Savior, who is my shield and the lifter of my head! The song that I have been singing all this week is: "Thou, O Lord," by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir. I posted a video on the side, so you can listen to it. :) The lyrics on the bottom of the screen are in spanish though, sorry.

* By the way, I was doing the math and I have now been awake for 25 hours and asleep for 3 hours. That means that I have officially been awake for a full day. Haha... it's not really something to be proud of though. :) Praise be to God for the strength He has given me today and the rest I know He will supply for me tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment