This afternoon I was running late for church. Church starts at 6:00 and that's when I started heading to my car to leave. So, I was trying to rush and get to church before all the singing was over. Because I love to sing and worship. As I was driving, it started to rain. But it was the kind of rain were the sun was shining bright and there were no dark clouds. When I got on the road that the church is on, I looked up to the sky and saw this beautiful rainbow. It was huge and I could see the full rainbow. It wasn't just half of one, where you can't see the other end. It was the brightest, most colorful, and biggest rainbow I had ever seen. I just smiled and smiled. It was an amazing God moment. As I soaked in this incredible image, I said in a soft and gracious voice.. "Thank you God." It was so touching and... awesome. It was one of those moments when you're just speechless. I know that God had a purpose for me being late, so that I could see this rainbow.
It says in Genesis 9:13-15.. "I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant that I made between me and the earth. When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh. And the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh." Some people say that when you see a rainbow in the sky, to always remember that God keeps His promises. However when I saw this rainbow today, it was as if God was whispering through the rainbow.. "I am here." Sometimes we go through storms in life and we face difficult things, but isn't it great to know that we are not alone and that God is right by our side. I know Noah was probably really happy when he saw that bright rainbow, as the rain went away and the sun started to shine again. I wonder what was going through his head? I am sure it was a beautiful sight for him to see, since it had been raining for 40 days and nights.
This week is my first full week of school and I know it will be stressful and a little overwhelming at times. But I am going to remind myself of the beautiful rainbow I saw this afternoon and know that God is still here in the midst of it all. I love what Moses says to the people of Israel in Deuteronomy 31:6.. "Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you." So as I go through out this week I am going to hold on to this truth. That God is walking with me each step of the way and He is never going to leave me nor forsake me. That's just how AWESOME He is! I encourage you to do the same this week. Lean on Him for everything you need and know that He is near. :)
Hope you have an awesome first week of school Victoria. Beautiful post! Love you!
ReplyDeleteAuntie M
Thanks! Hope you have a great week also! Love you! - Victoria
ReplyDelete