If you have never been on a canoe trip before, then you should go. I'm not talking about a slow river ride either. You got to go where there's rapids and waterfalls and then you can say: "I've been there and done that." I didn't know what I was in for when I stepped in that canoe today. Honestly, what was I thinking? Well, if you really want to know.. I was thinking that this canoe trip would be nice and peaceful. You know when your out on the river and you can just relax. Wrong! I was in for some rude awakenings and I didn't even know it. So, if you ever want to feel a ton of mixed emotions and feelings in one day.. than a canoe trip will do it for you. Let me go through all the emotions and feelings that I felt today, while I try to explain to you how the day exactly went.
Excitement: I got excited about this trip the night before and I got maybe 5 hours of sleep. Not to mention that I drove a little faster than normal so that I wouldn't be late and miss the van ride over there.
Nervous: I began to get nervous when I was told on the ride there, that this river had rapids and a waterfall that we would be going through. I thought to myself: "Oh, No! What did I sign myself up for!" Trouble that's what!
Terrified: As I saw the first rapid coming up, I was terrified. I saw about a dozen canoes ahead of me that had already flipped and lined up like a traffic jam. As I was fixing to going down the rapid I asked someone: "Which way do I paddle?" It was too late. Here I go dumped into the water and I hit the rocks. Yes, the canoe tipped over.
Miserable: By the half way mark, I was just plain miserable. I wanted to go home. My arms hurt from paddling. I didn't want to go any further. Home sweet home was calling my name and there was nothing I could do about it. Just keep paddling was all I could think.
Scared: It was about the time I went through a bunch of tree branches, that a little friend decide to join us on the canoe. The itsy bitsy spider, except it was the big giant spider. Boy, I was afraid that spider would crawl up my leg and bite me. Thank goodness somebody killed it for me.
Confused: There was so many times that I was so confused about what to do next. Which way to row. When to slow down and when to speed up. I kept saying: "I don't know what to do. Help!"
Grumpy: I am going to be honest with you, I had a few moments when I became grumpy. I was so tired and ready to get off that river. I probably complained a little bit too. But then the next minute the canoe would tip and all I could think about was how I was going to save my life.
Embarrassed: After awhile on the river, I was embarrassed at how bad I canoe. I couldn't steer the canoe one bit and I hit almost every tree and stump that came insight. You could tell that I wasn't no river girl for sure.
Overjoyed: As we reached the end of the trip, I became overjoyed. I could see the stopping point and I began to paddle a little faster. I wanted to get out of that canoe so bad, and when I did ohhh.. the relief I felt.
Injured: After the trip, I looked and saw that I had a few bumps and scrapes. So, you might say that my mind and body felt a little injured.
Peaceful: Now that I am home, I feel peaceful being in my comfy home with my family and not having to worry about saving myself from the river. It's so nice. (sigh)
This canoe trip was definitely a once in a lifetime experience. I wouldn't trade these memories for anything. And now that I am off the river, I can laugh about the trip and the adventure that I had. It was a lot of fun, I have to admit. So if you've never been on a canoe trip before, seriously you should go. Just strap your life jacket on real good and hold on tight. And if you need someone to go with you, well.. i just might join you. But then again you would probably have to do a good job of talking me into it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment