New... a one word description of my life right now. New classes in school, a new job, a new apartment, a new weekly schedule.. Everything is feeling new right now. And I have to admit that I am enjoying it. Of course at the beginning it was all a little overwhelming but now I am feeling like this is a great fresh start for me. A new beginning of a good school year.
Of course God was speaking to me this week as I am encountering all of these new things. He reminded me of his mercies and how He says in His Word that His mercies are new every morning. Everyday is a new day and everyday God is there ready to give you a fresh start. A new beginning for the new day ahead. This promise and truth is something I find so amazing. I think it is refreshing to know that God's love never runs out and His mercies are endless.
Everyday we can start fresh. We can forget the past or the bad day we had the day before and live for the present. Because truthfully speaking.. we need to start living for the present more.. the very minutes and seconds we are given we need to live them out to the best we can. I know I have a bad habit of worrying about the future and trying to plan out or dwell on what is to come. When really I need to be focusing on the here and now. And then I run into the problem of thinking about the past and how I wish I would have done something different in my life. We have got to start focusing on the present more and live for today and not tomorrow or yesterday. But look at me getting of topic.. haha.. back to the new mercies that God grants to us each day.
Isn't it great to know that God is full of love and compassion for you? He loves you so much and He will forgive you of your past and give you a new beginning.. everyday.. a new start for the new day. So think about that this week. And if you're like me and you like new things.. then remind yourself that every day that you wake up, it's a new day. Praise God for the new.
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23
No comments:
Post a Comment