Translate

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Too Blessed To Be Stressed! :)

Today I got to go to the Mississippi Baptist Building in Jackson and it turned out to be better than I thought it would be. It was way better than going to classes all day long. And I think the fact of being off campus was really something I needed. We got to go into all the offices there and meet the people that worked there. Each office would share with us what they did and then gave us lots of information to take with us. I now have a bag full of flyers and booklets, along with some candy too.

As I went into one office though, there was a sign on this lady's desk. This sign really got my attention and I wanted to share with you what the sign said. The sign simply said: "Too Blessed To Be Stressed." This really got me thinking. I am so blessed and I have so many things that I ought to be thankful for, but instead I choose to be stressed. WHOA, something is wrong here and I need to get my act together. So from now on, I am going to try my best to remind myself of this saying when I get overwhelmed and I begin to stress. I am too blessed to be stressed. This is so true and I needed that little reminder today.

I serve an AWESOME GOD, who continues to bless me each day with another beautiful day to breathe the air He has given me. He gives me an opportunity to serve Him and live for Him everyday. I need to focus on Him, put the stress away and look at all the blessings that He has given me. I am so thankful for that message from God today. Thank You Jesus!

"The Lord will give strength to His people; The Lord will bless His people with peace." Psalm 29:11

2 comments:

  1. very cool....I need to remind myself that everyday as well, I tend to let stress get the best of me and its NOT a pretty sight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. Stress tries to be my best friend. But I am so thankful that I have a God who shows me compassion and blesses me each day! Hope you are having a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete