I know that I haven't written in a while, but it is before thanksgiving break! So... it's earlier than I thought it would be! Which brings me to the main reason for why I'm writing! God really spoke to me this weekend through my devotion time on friday night... and it wasn't until sunday morning that I put it all together and I was like... WOW !! Ok so here it goes and though it may sound like I'm only talking to you, remember that I am pointing right back at myself the whole time!
How many hours of the day do you spend watching t.v., on the computer, or spend with any other type of media or worldly thing? Now, calculate how many hours you are spending time with God and reading His word? Do the hours match up? or do you find yourself spending more time involving yourself in the world? So here is an example.. say that you watch t.v. a total of 2 to 3 hrs a day and then you spend about 1 hr on the internet a day, that is a total of 4 hrs a day that you are interacting with the world and feeding yourself with ungodly things! So, what about the time you spend with God? Lets say you spend 1 hr a day, maybe more or less, but my point is do these two times equal each other? And should they equal each other?? The answer is NO!! God is way more important than any t.v. show or website!! He is our CREATOR!! We should be spending more time with Him than we spend with any earthly thing!! This can apply to anything on this earth and how you send your time!! It's something you should take into consideration!! Where is God on your list of things to do today and how much time to you spend with Him!! It's something I have been thinking about a lot these last few days and I just wanted to pass it on!! Make sure God's your #1 in life!!
P.S. I changed the video of the week and suprisingly it goes along with what I just wrote about! I've never heard this song until now and I love it! It's called "Only You" by Mandisa! Be sure to listen to it! And remember that only Jesus can satisfy our hearts!
No comments:
Post a Comment